Here’s the latest update on all things adoption related…
- We received news on Friday that our dossier was in the batch sent to Ghana last week. Hooray!
- We found out about one more form our doctor needs to sign before we can go to court in Ghana. It literally says “I examined ______ on ______ and have formed the opinion that he is physically and emotionally suitable to adopt a child.” How’s that for straight to the point? The forms are at the doctor’s office as we speak, and I will pick them up when they are signed. Piece of cake.
- Now we wait for our referral!
- We need to complete 30 hours of education throughout this process, and we are at 20. If you have any adoption related books or resources to recommend, leave us a comment.
- We are planning an epic garage sale for this spring to raise money for travelling expenses. If you have items you would like to donate, please let us know.
In the meantime, here are some things you can pray and praise for:
- Praise that two Bethany families just got home from Ghana where they met their kids and passed court. They both had wonderful visits and have great things to say about the in Ghana team.
- Pray for us that God would prepare us in whatever way we need.
- Pray for our child’s health and safety, and that s/he would be loved and cared for by someone until we can be the ones to do it.